A few weeks ago, I did a post on blogging income and how making the mental shift from blogger to business owner is a total game changer.
It was one of those posts that got a lot of response, both on the blog and in my email. People are struggling with this big time.
It doesn’t take long to see that ad income isn’t going to pay the mortgage for most bloggers, so what’s the alternative? That’s what today’s VIDEO is all about.
I’d like to welcome you to the edge of my comfort zone today, Tamara Grand from FitKnitChick.com was nice enough to join me there and I’m happy to report, neither of us fell off!
Tamara has done something pretty remarkable in the past 12 months.
She’s went from having zero things to sell online to having 3! She did it all super low tech, right off her WordPress blog and with very little cost upfront. Needless to say, Tamara is a rock star and the perfect person to kick off Blog Genie TV.
In this video, I pick Tamara’s brain about:
- Choosing her super narrow target audience for her product.
- How long it took to put everything together.
- Overcoming self doubt when selling things for the first time.
- How to overcome that sleezy selling feeling
- Her low tech (and budget friendly) approach to selling online.
- Lessons she learned about launching, promotion and why January is not the time to run a fitness program.
- Advice for bloggers thinking about creating their first product.
Tamara’s honestly about her success and lessons learned will teach us all a thing or two about product creation, launching and what’s really possible when do the work.
You can watch the video on You Tube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrtFgNNmqYM
This was such a blast to do, definitely looking forward to more interviews in the near future and this becoming a regular part of Blog Genie.
Please don’t forget to click on those fancy share buttons. Tamara’s a pretty amazing lady and I’d love some help sharing her awesomeness around the interwebs!